Take your colored pencil skills to the next level and create a dazzling artistic menagerie!
- From songbirds to a soft-furred lynx, from a showy fish to a serene sloth, learn to draw realistic and beautiful animals in colored pencil.
- With tutorials for rendering textures, creating luminous color, getting animal proportions right, and more, this is the perfect guide for anyone wishing to make the most of their pencils.
- Step-by-step lessons take you from rough sketch to fully rendered drawing.
- Along the way you'll learn indispensable colored pencil techniques for vividness and realism.
- You'll also learn the subtle art of making drawings come alive.
- Full color throughout.
- 132 pages.
- 7-1/4 inches wide by 9-1/2 inches high.
Author Liu Xiaone has a master's degree in design arts and has written and illustrated several books on design and painting. She enjoys drawing plants, hand lettering, natural indigo dyeing, and her three cats.